Rainbow Magic Tray
Serve your guests on this tray for the best tea party ever! Designed by Ashley Collett for her children’s line, Frolic, this charming tray can be used to organize toys or books on a shelf or for serving breakfast in bed. The playful design is sure to cheer up anyone who uses it. Style it on a nightstand in the nursery, or on a table in the playroom - these colorful trays are incredibly versatile and can be put to many uses. These charming, textured trays were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Rwanda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together sweetgrass and raffia fibers using a sewing needle to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Approximately 10” W x 12” L x 5.5” H
- Fair Trade, Certified Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Rwanda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Heat resistant, great for protecting tables and countertops
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Ashley Collett has a love for creating lasting products that bring playfulness and joy. Her creative designs embody cozy, comfortable, and functional. Handmade by an artisan in rural Rwanda, over several days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.