Oversized Checkered Banana Bark Round Basket
Ready to be amazed?
This gorgeous piece is a true work of art. Use as exquisite accent decor for any tabletop or as eye-catching wall decor. A must have for every home decor enthusiast or someone looking to give a personalized hostess gift for birthday's or wedding's. You can also pair with other wall paintings or baskets. Each of these breathtaking designs was handmade by a talented woman in rural Uganda. There is a hand-stitched loop on the back of each basket for ready to hang wall art.
This oversized woven basket was made by a mastercraftsman in Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. The artisans use the raffia plant and banana fibers to weave them together to create this exquisite work of art.
- Approximately 31” D x 8” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes two weeks to complete.
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
MEANING & PURPOSE:
Our weavers strive to do the best for their families and even in a world where household goods are typically thought to be a woman's task, this incredible male weaver shares his story. “Although society might not associate males with weaving, I am not embarrassed because I am providing for my wife and child instead of sitting around without work...I have the courage to take risks and try new things if it means creating a better life for my family. One day, I hope to send my child to school and continue to improve my home.”