12" Large Tierra Abstract Round Basket
This gorgeous, versatile home decor piece will capture the attention of every guest and family member. These perfectly sized round baskets are not just gorgeous wall art but functional home decorations. The possibilities are endless. Style it on a shelf for additional storage in your home office, add it to your coffee table for a globally inspired feel, or use it as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit. This fruit bowl is also great storage for keys and mail on your entryway furniture. Most commonly, this woven basket is exquisite, ready to hang wall art with a hand-stitched loop on the back.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women in intimate communities across Rwanda where raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman over the course of a week in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Approximately 14” D x 4.5” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Handmade in Rwanda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall decor
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down then shake and tap to release crumbs
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
This product was handmade by an artisan in rural Rwanda, over a period of days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.